Healed through the Eucharist



I was diagnosed in my early 20s with systemic lupus and it was a roller coaster ride from day to day. The pain, fatigue, and weakness debilitating at times but my faith in God and concerns for my family kept me going. The doctors knew the lupus was slowly attacking a system in my body but were unable to pinpoint which one. So after lots of trial and error with meds, I finally was stable for longer periods of time with occasional flare ups. 

In early 2009, I began to experience very different symptoms. I was having a hard time breathing and for a while the doctors thought the fatigue from lupus was my problem. I knew deep down something else was wrong. I prayed the rosary and chaplet of divine mercy even more fervently, praying to God for the doctors to do the right tests to diagnose this problem. Finally I got an appointment with a pulmonologist. Before the appointment date, things became much worse. I couldn't walk but a few steps without almost passing out. We made the decision to drive an hour away to the hospital where this doctor was practicing. It proved to be a smart move. 

I was admitted because of low oxygen levels. Further tests were done and it was discovered that I had right sided heart failure and kidney failure both were caused by a disease called pulmonary hypertension. This serious disease had been caused by the lupus. The doctor told me I was dying and he had an IV med he could put me on to save my life but it would radically change my life because I had to be on a pump 24/7. I was devastated and horrified but it was my only option. So I gave my permission for the meds to be administered. 

The side effects were awful. I was in ICU and I prayed to God like never before. Soon a Eucharistic minister showed up. He prayed with me and gave me the blessed sacrament. At that moment, I was overwhelmed by joy and peace. I knew that receiving Eucharist would sustain me. Almost everyday the ministers came in and gave to me the Lord Jesus in both word and sacrament and with each day I got a little better. After 2 weeks I was finally released to go home and the miracles didn't cease. Jesus continued to improve my health even to the point of coming off the IV meds, after 4 years, and going to breathing treatments 4 times a day. 

All of this is the work of the Lord. The doctors say they have never seen anyone improve to this degree. I give God all the credit. All the glory, honor, and praise be to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. And thanks to the blessed virgin Mary and St. Faustina for their glorious intercession.

(Sunday Michele – USA) ‘
If you are interested to know further about this testimony, please write directly to Sunday Michele at guitarzhum74@gmail.com '.
ps
Kindly note that the website 'Peace and unity in our lives' with the address as:-

https://sites.google.com/site/peaceinunity

is being updated nearly on a daily basis. So visit the website often or f
ollow on TWITTER https://twitter.com/PeaceUnityLives as there is always something new for you….to enrich your faith! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a witness of His Love

Latest Christian podcast by George Calleja (Christian Author): Be strong when life is hard (012)

Greed is killing society